Lots of accordion related projects and performances upcoming:
- June 10, 5pm – Performing solo accordion music in Bryant Park, NYC as part of the Accordions Around the World Festival.
- June 21, 2pm, 5pm- Performing solo accordion at 2pm and quartet music at 5pm in City Hall Park, NYC. Classical, jazz, contemporary music, and more – with Robert Duncan, Mayumi Miyaoka, and Denise Koncelik as part of the Make Music NY day.
- July 15, 5pm - back in Bryant Park again playing more accordion quartet music with Mayumi Miyaoka, Robert Duncan, and Denise Koncelik as part of the Accordions Around the World Festival.
- Aug 1-3, 7pm each day – Performing on William Schimmel’s Master Class and Concert Series 2014 at the Tenri Cultural Institute. I’ll be doing several solo performances including a new composition of my own, Paganini’s In There Somewhere, as well as some ragtime accordion and a classic work by Carmelo Pino.
- Sept 9 – Official release on Naxos Records of Oberlin Conservatory’s recording of my piece for piano and electronics, ElectroSonata:Spontaneous Combustion, performed by the incredible Thomas Rosenkranz. Available in Blue-Ray surround as well as stereo!
- Late Sept 2014 - Working a new piece for violin and piano to be premiered by Gregory Fulkerson; based on afro-Cubans rhythms inspired by Peter’s recent professional research trip to Havana, Cuba with the American Composers Forum. Performances in Ohio, Delaware, and (hopefully) NYC.
Thanks for your interest! Hope to see you at a performance soon!