Lots of accordion related projects and performances upcoming:
- April 19 – performing with the Talea Ensemble on Clara Ionnatta’s Clangs as part of the MATA festival the Kitchen, NYC.
- May 4 – performing in Theo Popov’s new opera, Once Upon The Wind with The Secret Opera Company, NYC.
- June 10, 5pm – Performing solo accordion music in Bryant Park, NYC as part of the Accordions Around the World Festival.
- June 21 – Performing accordion quartet music, both old and new, with Robert Duncan, Mayumi Miyaoka, and Denise Koncelik as part of the Make Music NY day.
- Aug 1-3, 7pm each day – Performing on William Schimmel’s Master Class and Concert Series 2014 at the Tenri Cultural Institute. I’ll be doing several solo performances including a new composition of my own, Paganini’s In There Somewhere, as well as some ragtime accordion and a classic work by Carmelo Pino.
- Sept 9 – Official release on Naxos Records of Oberlin Conservatory’s recording of my piece for piano and electronics, ElectroSonata:Spontaneous Combustion, performed by the incredible Thomas Rosenkranz. Available in Blue-Ray surround as well as stereo!
- Sept 2014? – Working a new piece for violin and piano to be premiered by Gregory Fulkerson; based on afro-Cubans rhythms inspired by Peter’s recent professional research trip to Havana, Cuba with the American Composers Forum.
Thanks for your interest! Hope to see you at a performance soon!