Things are starting to ramp up for a number of different projects. Upcoming activites include:
- July 18, evening – World premiere of my string orchestra composition, Dance Dance Dance by the Camerata Romeu in Havana, Cuba!!!
- July 22, 6-8pm – I’ll be playing solo accordion in Bryant Park as part of their Accordions Around The World festival. My friends in the Bachtopus Accordion Quartet may drop by to play a few tunes with me as well.
- August 7-8 – I’ll be playing accordion on the annual American Accordionist Association workshops and concerts with Bill Schimmel at the Tenri Cultural Institute on W. 13th Street in NYC. In addition to playing some Bach with Bill, I’ll be performing a Scott Joplin rag and the world premiere of the all-accordion version of my piece, Halfway.
- A new group, yet to be named, featuring a lot of new music I’ve been writing, inspired by my recent study of Afro-Cuban rhythms. It will include accordion, percussion, flute, cello, and like bass as a core with perhaps others added later. We’ll be doing preliminary read-throughs of the material this summer and planning to starting to play out in the fall of 2015
- Performances with the Bachtopus Accordion Quartet. We’re a group of four NYC accordionists playing both classical and contemporary repertoire. We’ll be playing in Bryant Park in July with dates and other details to be announced.
- I’ll be recording and releasing some of my accordion music, including The Waning Moments of Raphus Cucullatus for accordion and guitar, and Halfway for four accordions. Links here when they’re ready.
- My piece for piano and electronics, Electrosonata:Spontaneous Combustion, performed by incomperable Thomas Rosenkranz, has just been released on the Oberlin Music record label. It’s a magnificent recording in both stereo and BluRay surround sound, and includes music by a number of really great Oberlin Conservatory alumni composers. You can find it on Naxos Direct here or on Amazon here.